Bring some sizzle and spice to your game day party with our Queso Fundido recipe! This popular Mexican appetizer is the perfect snack for football season, and it’s easy to customize to your crowd’s taste. Turn up the heat with roasted jalapeño or make it vegetarian-friendly by swapping the chorizo for sautéed mushrooms. Serve it with our Crostini instead of chips or slather it on warm tortillas. Your guests will be cheering for more!
Click here to print this recipe!
4 ounces chorizo, casings removed
6 ounces Jack cheese, shredded
4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
5 ounces goat cheese
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 Hungarian pepper, poblano chile or red bell pepper, roasted
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 scallions, chopped Salt and pepper to taste
Makes 6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush a 9-inch baking dish with oil. In a skillet over medium heat, saute chorizo until thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and crumble or dice once it has cooled. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the Jack, mozzarella and goat cheese, then mix in the chorizo and 1/3 cup of cilantro.
3. Place the cheese mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
4. Peel the roasted pepper, remove the seeds, and dice into 1/2-inch pieces. Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat. When the butter begins to froth, add the garlic, remaining cilantro, and scallions. Saute until the garlic is fragrant but not browned. Add the diced pepper and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Layer the sauteed vegetable mixture over the cheese and serve immediately.