Chocolate ganache is rainbow sprinkle frosting all grown up. It’s patent leather shoes and sequin sparkles. It’s velvety smooth and seductive. Go ahead. We dare you to whip up an easy batch and not dip a finger into the decadent gloss.
We use chocolate ganache in many of our recipes, from Cocoa Puffs to Chocolate Orange Coffee Cake. Since it brings a full-bodied thrum of chocolate flavor to everything it touches – and you can’t have Valentine’s Day without chocolate – we decided to share our signature chocolate ganache recipe.
Click here to print this recipe!
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup good-quality semisweet chocolate chips
Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring the cream to a froth just before it boils. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips. Using a rubber spatula, stir constantly until the chocolate has completely melted. Set the pan aside and let the ganache cool to the desired consistency. The ganache will thicken as it cools.
How to Use Chocolate Ganache
- Pour warm ganache over ice cream for an off-the-charts delicious sundae.
- Dip your favorite fruits (dried or fresh), nuts (raw or roasted) and candies.
- Drizzle warm ganache over a bundt cake for a dramatic effect that’s impossible to mess up.
- Top cupcakes in lieu of traditional frosting.
- Spread a layer over a pan of brownies for death-by-chocolate decadence.